Synthesis and integration of nanomaterials (nanotubes, nanofibers and hybrids)
- Synthesis of nanocarbon/semiconductor hybrids for photo and electrocatalysis, interaction of nanocarbons with liquid molecules, polyelectrolytes and inorganic salts.
- Sensors: chemical, piezoresistive, piezoelectric.
- Hierarchical materials: materials design from the nanoscale to the macroscale, nano-reinforced materials, composite materials with enhanced electrical and thermal conductivity.
Synthesis and properties of polymer-based multifunctional nanocomposites
- Sustainable materials: bio-based nanocarriers, novel guest-host nanomaterials, nano-cross linkers, functional dye-sensitized solar cells, multifunctional polymer nanocomposites, etc.
- Fire retardant materials through nanodesign: multifunctional nanomaterials to increase fire retardancy: layered double hydroxides, sepiolite, molybdenum disulphide (MoS2), nanocarbon, nano metal hydroxide, nanocoatings, etc.
Electrochemical energy storage
- Tailored designing of nanostructured electrode materials, interfaces and electrolyte compositions.
- Spectroscopic/microscopic studies and implementation in electrochemical energy storage devices such as Li-ion, Na-ion, Li-S and Li-O2.
Computational and data-driven materials discovery
- Discovery of porous materials for energy applications (CO2 capture, methane storage).
- Design of ionic liquids.
- Characterisation of nanoparticles and others.