Funding: Spanish Ministry of Innovation and competitiveness (National programme for the promotion of excellence in scientific and technical research) (ENE2014-52280-REDT)
Partners: IMDEA Energy Institute (Coordinator), Institute of Catalysis and Petrochemistry, Institute of Chemical Research of Catalonia, IMDEA Materials Institute, ALBA, University of Barcelona, Jaume I University, Solar Platform of Almeria, MATGAS.
Project period: 2014 – 2016
Principal Investigator: Dr. Juan José Vilatela (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Research project corresponding to the call 2014 and reference: ENE2014-52280-REDT, within the State Program of Research, Development and Innovation Oriented Challenges of the Society under the National Plan for Scientific Research and Technological Innovation 2013-2016.
FOTOFUEL goal is to reach a significant advance in the development of materials and devices for the efficient production of solar fuels by seeking synergies and cooperation between leading research groups in this field while offering them an international outreach platform.
The proposal is based on scientific collaboration and joint implementation of a work program based on cutting-edge research, information, dissemination and communication and technology transfer.
The scientific program consists of five major areas:
- Design and synthesis of advanced multifunctional materials
- Development of theoretical and experimental tools
- Design and manufacture of efficient photoreactors
- Feasibility and standardization of the process
- Studies of scientific, environmental, economic and social impact
The cooperation network actions are summarized as:
- Training Program
- Active results and activities dissemination policy
- Quantitative and qualitative improvement of human capital
- Collaboration with international platforms and industrial groups
- Encourage collaboration with companies